Monday, July 4, 2011

{Day 20}

Did nothing today.

It was awesome.

But if you want the details, I slept in until 9:40, got up, actually read my Bible, chilled in the living room with my laptop, and listened to the new music I got at the bookstore yesterday. Am currently obsessed with this song:

It's an older one from Bethel, but still awesome. The story behind how and when Jenn wrote it is pretty cool, too, but it requires voice inflection to be fully entertaining, so ask me when I get home.

Amber, making a crepe
Then Dani, my French roommate, made crepes. Wow. Delicious! Then we put Nutella on them, and they were even more awesome. I even got to pour and flip my own.

Then we chilled some more. Read a new Bethel book, The Supernatural Power of Forgiveness. Chilled, and chilled, and chilled. Messed with the blog heading.

cookies!
that may or may not be an oven rack
Then I made cookies. Snickerdoodles, though without cream of tartar. They turned out okay, tasted great though they were a little drier than I wanted them to be. But they were fun to make.

Wrote part of a song {not a worship song, so don't get any ideas; though it is a God song}. Wrote my letter to Kathy. Took a shower. Actually got dressed in matching clothes. Fixed supper - spaghetti! salad! And was just finishing that up when Carol arrived to take us to go see the fireworks at the convention center.

It was packed. Redding has a population of 90,000, someone said, even though it doesn't feel like it. We navigated through traffic and parked blocks away. {I had hopes of going to Bethel and taking our chances in seeing the fireworks from the hill, but, alas...} Speed-walked closer and closer until we arrived a tiny patch of grass in the midst of a sea of people and declared it our own. We sat down at 9:59. The fireworks started promptly at 10:00.


Fireworks make me happy. I don't know why, but they do. They make me grin. They just make me happy. So once we settled in, I enjoyed myself tremendously. About halfway through, the fireworks stopped, and a lot of people got up to leave. But we didn't, because it had been very far from finale-worthy. And sure enough, they eventually got them going again. And the finale was worth staying for.


There were a few people around us who sounded drunk {and I don't mean in the Holy Spirit}. I was a bit confused, because I'd seen the sign for 'no alcohol past this point.' But when we stood up to leave, I realized which side of the sign we were on. Uh-huh. The drinking side. But I could tell already by the...language.
 
And now I'm home, very tired, ready for bed, ready for school tomorrow! And then we're celebrating Amber's birthday at the lake. I'm not the biggest fan of lakes, but, yeah. Birthdays merit my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! Thanks for commenting! :)